Overview of Cremation
The number of people choosing cremation has increased significantly in the past few years, yet cremation carries a long tradition and remains largely unchanged.
Cremation simply expedites the process of reducing a body to bone fragments through application of intense heat.
What is done before or after the cremation is up to the survivors, or up to you. You can relieve the burden of these decisions by pre-planning your arrangements in advance of need so that your wishes will be honored.
Contrary to what some people believe, Cremation does not limit choices, but, in fact, increases one’s options. It is a process which is performed in a respectful and dignified manner and can be memorialized in many ways.
Cremation Simplified Offers:
- Transfer of the deceased from the place of death to our facility within our local service area. Transfers outside our local service area will be charged additional mileage fees.
- Convenience of online arrangements, with a brief conversation with one of our cremation specialists in your home, our facility, or another location to finalize plans and complete legal documents
- Completing and presenting the death certificate to the physician for signature
- Obtain cremation permit from appropriate authorities
- Cremation of the deceased
- Delivery or forwarding of the cremated remains via United States Postal Service (additional fees apply)
- Obtain certified copies of the death certificate from appropriate health department on behalf of the family
- Notification to Social Security Administration
- Placement of obituary notice on our website
- Placement of obituary notice in local newspaper (additional charges from newspapers will apply; based on length)
Cremation Simplified Does Not Offer:
- Assistance with insurance benefits
- Prefunding of arrangements
- Assistance with cemetery arrangements
- Funeral coach and limousine service
- Embalming or other preparation of the deceased
- Location for a memorial service
- Traditional caskets
- Assistance with veterans benefits or military honors
- Video tributes, prayer cards, acknowledgement cards, memorial register books
Cremation Simplified offers basic direct cremation services for a low price. Family members assume responsibility and control of the service and other details.
Telephone calls are answered 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week
Those who wish to arrange for more assistance with details should consider using the services of a full service funeral home.